Monday 20 February 2012

Day 51: Like A Tiger


You may not know this about me, but I like my shoes almost as much as Belinda likes hers. Today's photo is of my new Onitsuka Tigers, I bought them while I was in Melbourne but I'm yet to wear them, hopefully I'll have a casual day this week and I'll be able to take them out for their maiden voyage. I've even waterproofed them in preparation.

The Onitsuka brand has an interesting story; it was founded in Japan in the 1940's and grew into the enormous ASICS corporation that most people know. They returned to the original moniker for their retro range of shoes with designs from the 60's, 70's & 80's. Mine are the Mexico 66 style, based on the shoe designed for the Japanese Olympic Team in the 1966 Mexico Olympics. They sure went all out with the creativity when coming up with this styles name... at least the design dept. came up with a good looking shoe :)






No comments:

Post a Comment