Thursday, 2 February 2012
Day 33: Yamalube & Tools
I've been in the process of doing an oil & filter change on the R1 for about a week now. It all started well with removing the lower fairing and draining the oil from the sump. It all came unstuck when I tried to remove the oil filter itself, limited space behind the headers and incorrect tools next to impossible to remove.
So yesterday I finally went back to the Yamaha shop where I'd already purchased 4 litres of Yamalube (I don't know why, but I have a hard time saying 'Yamalube' with a straight face) and an oil filter so I could also buy the correct tool for the job. It's the little circular thing leaning against the oil filter box above and as I discovered this evening, it really does make the job *that* much easier.
Now that the oil's been refreshed and the filter is new I'm feeling much more ready for next weekend's Snowy adventure with with Pete & Andy.