Saturday 4 February 2012

Day 35: A Boat's New Abode


It's happened. My boat has found a new home. I really don't like selling the toys I've chosen to love and hold on to but like I said on day one: 'Sometimes life gets in the way of a good time'. At least with my three sales this year I'm 100% confident that those who've bought my pre-loved toys will continue the love affairs.

First there was the GSXR... I can categorically say that Pete is loving the 'bee', plus I get to see it regularly (it's even in my garage right now).

Then there was the Evo... After meeting Luke and helping him load it onto the car trailer I know he loves that car as much as I did... maybe even more.

And now the boat, this is the toy I was most attached to. I fell in love with it the first time I saw the photo on Boatsales just over 4 years ago. With it, I had possibly the best Christmas of all time with my family on the Molonglo River and some great weekends at Burrinjuck with mates and family too. Then there was the trip to Wisemans Ferry for my mate Kyle's bucks weekend... it didn't get much use that weekend but it was great to have it there anyway.

After talking to Locky over the last couple of days and meeting him, his mates, his dad and his girlfriend today I know the boat will be loved. Locky even offered to take me out for a wakeskate/board anytime I was up in Sydney and I do believe I'll be taking him up on that offer.

I've been sad most of this afternoon. Even car shopping and test driving V8 BMWs hasn't really helped me shake the mood. I know I'll get used to it but I also know the next time I go to the garage it'll hit me all over again... she's gone and is now being loved by someone else... but it's OK, I know we'll meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment