Friday 27 January 2012

Day 27: Dark Detailing / Marauding Mozzies


I've had the Lancer advertised for sale and this evening I had a call from a guy who wants to have a look at it in morning. It has been sitting out in the rain for a while and was looking a bit grubby so I decided to give it a 'quick' once over after Henry had gone to bed. 

After applying a liberal coating of Aeroguard to protect myself from our ferocious Mosquitos I headed out to make a start. I kid you not, Aeroguard is a must around here particularly at dusk. The mozzies that seem to be breeding in the lavender bushes lining our driveway are monsters and there's enough of them to expose small animals to a real danger of being carried off. It's no wonder our little cat moves like a ninja when she's out there. I digress.

By the time I'd finished cleaning up the Lancer it was well and truly dark and after I'd packed up and retrieved the camera for today's photo, condensation had even started to form on the roof. It had better not rain tonight and ruin all my efforts!

There's a real sense of satisfaction when the car looks so good after spending so much time on on a 'quick' once over... there is also great satisfaction in surviving the whole ordeal without being carried off by our massive mozzies.

With a bit of luck I'll be waving goodbye to my much loved Lancer tomorrow which will allow me to get serious about hunting down a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment