Monday, 2 January 2012
Day 2: Passing the Bee.
So why the mixed feelings? I'll share some memories of my time with the bike that became known as the Bee:
- It was the most powerful bike I'd owned with 160hp at the rear tyre which is equal to it's replacement.
- It was the first bike to really scare me with just how fast it can accelerate
- It was the first bike I ever rode on the Phillip Island GP Circuit
- It was the first bike that ever propelled me to just under 300kmh
- I had my first experience on full slick tyres on a race track
- This is the bike that inspired me to give racing a go.
I know Pete's going to love the Bee as much as I have and Bron said I'm allowed to visit if I want. I also know I'll see it again and soon too, Pete & I are booked in for a track day early in February.
So today there was an ending for me and a new beginning Pete & the Bee.