Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day 17: Paperwork


In preparation for the impending sale of my boat I've been getting my ducks in a row. This has involved organising rego for the trailer; it hadn't been registered for over a year so it needed an inspection which was really just a formality. The registration surcharge for 'establishing' the registration was bit of a rude shock, it was actually close to double the registration fee.

I've also been trying to locate the papers for the boat to no avail so after a quick trip to the ACT Govt. shopfront to pay for registration on the trailer I made an even quicker stop at the NSW Maritime office in Queanbeyan to see if they could help me out. The lady at the counter was very helpful, she looked up my details, found the file and printed a new copy of the expired registration papers so I could sign ownership over to whoever ends up buying the boat. There was no charge for this service and the whole transaction took about 5 minutes.

I have to say that both transactions (apart from the unexpected surcharge) were easy, took very little time and the staff involved in both were very pleasant... in fact you could even say they were cheerful.

What is the world coming to when dealing with the RTA doesn't involve walking away feeling like you need a shower and a stiff scotch????

Surely my two encounters were flukes and my next experience with the RTA will be back to the hours of waiting to be served followed by dealing with the ineptitude of a cranky old biddy who stuffs everything up and has to do it all again from the beginning that I've become so accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment