Wednesday 15 August 2012

Day 228: Happy Birthday Belinda!


Just a little something I whipped up this afternoon for Belinda's birthday. You know you've done a decent job when you're asked 'Did you really make that? No, really, where did you buy it?'. For the record I really did bake this cake, I even cut the strawberries, whipped the cream and dusted it with icing sugar all by myself.

It's not as good as my Nan's legendary sponges but I'm pretty proud of my effort today. I googled 'sponge cake recipes' and found quite a few but I chose this one from taste.com.au because it's called the 'Basic sponge Cake' and I figured if it's basic I should be ok. Turns out it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be and the cakes only took about 30 minutes to bake.

I loved being able to surprise Belinda with this little bit extra for her birthday, her initial disbelief made it all worthwhile but I Henry's reaction was even more priceless. When he saw the cake his eyes just about popped out of his head and he started doing his little happy jig while pointing and yelling out 'Cake!! Cake!!'.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Dale! Mine are usually purchased or I make my own.

    ReplyDelete