Monday 21 May 2012

Day 142: May Task - Where You Stand


Going off on a slight tangent with today's subject matter I decided to take a photo of 'Where I Stand' my bike.

These are the what I use to stand my race bike up when it's not strapped into the trailer because being a race bike it doesn't have a side stand like a normal road bike.

The one closest is the front stand which lifts the bike from under the steering stem. Unlike other front stands that lift from the base of the forks, this one allows me to remove the forks completely should the need arise.

The one at the back hooks onto the bobbins that are attached to the swing arm and provides most of the stability for working on the bike. These are also necessary for lifting the bike up at track and race days so the tyre warmers can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment