Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 123: May Task - Skyline


Today's subject is 'Skyline' and when the clues said 'where the sky meets land, can be buildings, the beach, forest, whatever!' I took 'whatever' and ran with it.


My take on 'Skyline' is the photo above: it's the engine bay of an R33 Skyline that has been built by a local performance shop. It's much more me than some lame picture of a landscape and as far as I'm concerned it still fits the brief.


So how did I stumble upon today's photo? I was doing laps of Fyshwick thinking that because I see so many Skylines (the cars) every day that I'd find one pretty easily. It turned out that I was wrong... it's always the way though: When you're looking for something it's never around. Eventually I saw this one parked out the front of Dynamic Tuning Services with DTS advertising all over it. I went into the shop and asked if they minded me taking a photo and the response was along the lines of 'it's covered in bugs... can you use the engine bay instead?".

I was happy to oblige and I think my photo is pretty impressive: There's been a lot of time and effort put into this Skyline and in my humble opinion it's as beautiful as any landscape, sunset or cityscape that you're likely to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment