Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 277: The New Coffee


The 'Gang' as Belinda calls them have moved the coffee venue and changed the day. It used to be that the Canberra Riders group gathered on Monday nights at a cafe in Fyshwick which made it easy for me to get to on the way home from work, now it's held at a little pub on the University of Canberra campus which is over the other side of town and it's on a Wednesday night instead. This has made it much harder for me to get along to catch up with the folk on the forum.

I was actually able to ride my bike to work today and the conference I was attending finished up a little early so I made the decision to get along to the new coffee. It had been a while since I've made it to one of these catchups and it showed, I only recognised a handful of people there and nobody recognised my bike. It was good to catch up with the guys (in a non gender specific sense) I knew and have a 'coffee' with them, if you look closely you can see what's left of my coffee sitting on the tank of my bike. It was even better to be out on the bike for the first time in ages.

My opinion of the new (to me) bike is changing, at first I was happy with how it rode but didn't think it was a very pretty bike. Tonight in the sea of grey and black bikes that were at coffee I thought at the very least it stands out in the crowd, even if it's not the most gorgeous bike I've ever seen. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the ride, and while I'm on it I don't have to look at it. I think I should ride it more often so I can spend less time looking at it in the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment